Last updated: November 2016
We regard the privacy of our users as very important and any personal information which you provide to us will be dealt with in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. AK Hair Lounge is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, with the registration number Z??????.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use akhairlounge.co.uk (the “Site”). If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 1942 655751 before using this Site.
We may change this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should revisit this page from time to time to re-read this Privacy and Cookies Policy and ensure you are happy with any changes. This Privacy and Cookies Policy is effective from November 2016.
What personal information do we collect?
In general, and unless you register with us and create an account, you can use this Site without giving us any personal information. However, we may gather certain (non-personal) information such as records of your activity on the Site without you registering with us and giving us personal information.
If you do register with us we may offer additional services. When you register an account with us we may collect and use the following information:
- your name and contact information (including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number) and any other contract details you provide to us;
- information that you provide when you register and create an account with us;
- information you provide if you report a problem with the Site;
- records of any orders for products and/or services that you place through the Site;
- records of any correspondence when you contact us;
- records of any AK Hair Lounge competitions or promotions that you enter; and
- details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and communication data and the resources that you access.
What do we do with the personal information we collect?
We use your personal information to provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- to facilitate use of the products and services we may provide to you;
- to process and collect payments from you where you purchase products from the Site
- internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the Site;
- to advertise certain products which we think you might be interested in to you when you visit the Site or other external sites;
- to communicate with you by e-mail, telephone, or post if you have ordered or purchased products from us, either regarding the order or purchase or other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship or account (if you have one) with us;
- to contact you regarding any specific enquiry you make;
- statistical analysis;
- to contact you by e-mail, telephone or post for the purposes of direct marketing, market research, feedback opportunities and information about our products, services, promotions and events or requests from time to time;
Whom do we share this information with?
Your personal information will be used for the above purposes by relevant staff in AK Hair Lounge and by those who support them in their roles. It will also be made available to our authorised service providers who work with us and who perform certain services on our behalf e.g. providing IT support and maintenance, providing customer services, providing hosting services, providing marketing services, and providing online payment services. These service providers may access personal information to perform their functions on our behalf. They are not permitted to share or to use such information for any other purpose. AK Hair Lounge may also disclose your personal data:
- in response to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, to establish or exercise its legal rights, to defend legal claims, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- when AK Hair Lounge believes that disclosure is appropriate about efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of AK Hair Lounge, its customers, staff, suppliers or others, to comply with applicable law or co-operate with law enforcement, or to enforce its terms or other agreements; and
- to prospective or actual buyers if AK Hair Lounge sells any of its business or assets.
Other than as set out above, we will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
Direct marketing and your preferences
AK Hair Lounge may wish to provide you with information about new products, promotions, special offers and other which may be of interest to you and invite you to take part in market research. This communication may be by post, telephone, email, or SMS.
AK Hair Lounge will ensure that any direct marketing or market research that you receive or are contacted about by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to refuse further marketing. For example, in emails it may provide you with an ‘unsubscribe’ link, or an email address to which you can send an opt-out request. AK Hair Lounge will stop any marketing to which you object or withdraw your consent to within a reasonable period, allowing sufficient time for the change to be administered. You can change your mind at any time about marketing by informing AK Hair Lounge using the contact details set out at the top of this notice. In such cases AK Hair Lounge, would not necessarily remove all your personal data from its database(s) but would note and respect your changed direct marketing preferences.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 at any time. A small fee will be payable to cover our administration costs, which is currently £10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us at AK Hair Lounge, 15 Market Street, Hindley, Wigan, WN2 3AE, enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10 made payable to AK Hair Lounge.
If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or e-mail us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you may correct any inaccuracies in the information you have provided to us by signing in to your online account.
Security and storage
Please remember that the internet is not a secure medium. Communications over the internet such as e-mails are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use industry standard encryption technologies when collecting or transferring customer credit card information - all your card details are passed from your browser to our secure payment gateway using secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption. Our payment gateway providers use secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption system. All other information transferred is conducted through a secure connection.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. All information provided through the Site is stored on servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA). It will be processed by staff operating in the UK who work for AK Hair Lounge. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. AK Hair Lounge will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- place advertisements for our products on other external sites. We do this by allowing third parties including Google and Adserve to place cookies on our Site which allows them to identify your visit to our Site and preferences shown whilst on it, and your visits to subsequent third party websites in their adserving network. This allows us to serve tailored advertisements to you on those third party websites based on the information we have collected on your interests whilst you were visiting our Site.
- help the Site to function correctly and ensure that the ‘add to basket’, navigation and country site settings are maintained.
- monitor the Site’s performance and ensure that we deliver a fast browsing experience.
- allow you to share content with social networks, express interest in content and connect with your social media networks.
- to allow us to collect anonymous data about Site usage to help us improve the usability, content, and user experience of the Site. This includes site analytics cookies such as Google Analytics. We also use Google Analytics to collect information about your online activity on the Site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For more information about the information gathered using Google Analytics please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/tos.html
- to assess third party conversion by allowing us to collect anonymous data about how our marketing is performing.
Will my personal data be transferred abroad?
European privacy law permits the export of personal data to other countries subject to the provision of adequate levels of protection for the processing of such personal data. We will ensure that transfers outside the EEA are subject to adequate safeguard as data protection standards in those countries may differ from those in the EEA.
If we transfer your personal information to a person, company, office, branch, organisation, service provider or agent in another country, we will make sure that we have appropriate security and privacy measures in place with such third parties covering how they hold and maintain any personal information on our behalf.